- Continue grazing stockpiled tall fescue if available.
- Assess grass stands. If thin, consider adding legumes.
- Begin frost seeding with 6-8 lb/A red and 1-2 lb/A ladino white clover on closely grazed pastures.
- On pastures with lower fertility, consider also adding 10-15 lb/A annual lespedeza.
- Consider applying 40 lb/A nitrogen in mid- to late- February on some pastures to promote early growth.
- Sign up for shared use drills for spring renovation.
- Service and calibrate no-till drills.
- Apply lime and fertilizer according to soil test if not done in fall.
You must be logged in to post a comment.