|– Continue grazing available summer annuals (millets, sorghum/Sudangrass, crabgrass, etc.).|
– Apply 40-60 lb N/acre to stimulate summer annual regrowth.
– Identify fescue pastures for stockpiling. Choose pastures that are well drained, have a strong sod, and have not been overgrazed.
– Soil test pastures to determine fertility needs.
– Using UK variety trial results, select varieties to plant in the fall and order seed.
– Use a designated sacrifice lot to feed livestock hay and supplements as you wait for drought stressed pastures to reocsets in and no forage is available for grazing.