Keeping Forage-Livestock producers in Kentucky informed
- Start hay harvests for quality forage. Consider making baleage to facilitate timely cutting.
- Seed warm season grasses for supplemental forage once soil temperature is at 60 F.
- Clip, graze, or make hay to prevent seedheads.
- Rotate pastures based on height rather than time.
- Consider temporary electric fencing to subdivide larger pastures and save areas for hay.
- Scout pastures for summer annual weeds and control when the weeds are small.