Keeping Forage-Livestock producers in Kentucky informed
- Continue grazing stockpiled tall fescue if available.
- Assess grass stands. If thin, consider adding legumes .
- Begin frost seeding with at least 6-8 lb/A red and 1-2 lb/A white clover on closely grazed pastures.
- On pastures with lower fertility, consider adding 10-15 lb/A annual lespedeza to the above recommendation.
- Consider applying nitrogen in late February on some pastures to promote early growth.
- Sign up for shared use drills for spring renovation.
- Service and calibrate no-till drills
- Apply lime and fertilizer according to soil test if not done in fall.