Keeping Forage-Livestock producers in Kentucky informed
- Continue grazing stockpiled tall fescue if available.
- If pasture stands are thin, frost seed 6-8 lb/acre red clover and 1-2 lb/A white clover after close grazing.
- On low fertility pastures, consider adding 10-15 lb/A annual lespedeza to the above recommendation.
- Apply low rates of nitrogen in late February on some pastures to promote early growth.
- Service and calibrate no-till drills
- Apply lime and fertilizer according to soil test if not done in the fall.