- Continue strip-grazing of stockpiled tall fescue for maximum utilization.
- Remove animals from very wet pastures to limit pugging and soil compaction.
- Feed best hay to animals with highest nutritional needs.
- Supplement poor quality hay as indicated by forage testing.
- Feed hay in poor pastures to increase soil fertility and enhance organic matter.
- Consider “bale grazing” – set out hay when the ground is dry or frozen. Use temporary fencing to allocate bales as needed.
- Prepare for pasture renovation by purchasing improved varieties, inoculant, etc. and getting equipment ready.