Successful livestock production depends on high quality, high yielding forages. Establishment of a good stand is a first and important step in a successful forage program. Several steps that are of vital importance for establishment and maintenance include:
1) Match plant to soils and to intended use
2) Select high quality seed of an adapted variety
3) Supply proper fertility
4) Prepare seedbed and inoculate legume seed
5) Use proven seeding methods
6) Seed at the right time with the correct amount of seed
Find the full publication on our UK Forage website or from your local county extension office. Horse owners, please see Establishing Horse Pastures.
You must be logged in to post a comment.